View Single Post
Unread 09/23/2016, 08:34 AM   #99
Pandagobyguy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Reefman View Post
OK, it's been 5 days and here is what I've accomplished.

I used FRP sheet material (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic), the same as I added to the wall behind the tanks, to protect the plywood. I also siliconed on PVC corner trim to give it a finished look. I added a new top to the overflow box in the refugium to raise it up and I've installed the line-lok nozzle and drain pipes. I've connected them to the main system sump and return pump under the DT. At the back right corner of the cabinet/stand you can see I've installed a bulkhead.

The pipe from the bulkhead goes down to the 10g auto top off reservoir so I can simply put a funnel in the bulkhead and fill the reservoir without removing it from the stand.

The reservoir has a new cover and the hole is where the fill pipe will go into it.

Here you can see the set up inside the stand.

I've also rearranged and labeled all the controllers and power supplies and will soon label the plugs as well. In the next week or two these will all get hooked up to an Apex. I just received an Apex breakout box, temp probe, pH probe and salinity probe along with calibration fluid and a wifi hook up. The large pipe running vertically through the stand is additional support under the tank so the plywood countertop won't sag even if it gets wet. It runs through the middle shelf and the bottom of the stand to the tile floor. I still need to make the back of the refugium black to match the DT and add the foam mat under the fuge.

I've contacted Gulf Coast Ecosystems about decorative macro algae and plants as well as Tampa Bay Saltwater about some of their very live rock to all go in the new fuge. I can't wait to get it full of water and move forward, but at the same time I'm rebuilding the bathroom that is behind the wall that the flood from my old 180g tank destroyed (it was a 25+ year old fiberboard cabinet). BTW, I've already had a fellow club member stop over and buy the old 180g tank. He is going to do what I was going to do, tear it completely apart, clean it like it was medical equipment and silicone it back together. So not only is it no longer sitting in my side yard, but I even got a few bucks for it!
Very interesting plumbing! Excited to see your macro choices!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Pandagobyguy is offline   Reply With Quote