View Single Post
Unread 11/01/2017, 05:03 PM   #7
gcarroll
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Abyzz can do it as can the RD3 150 and RD3 230 without issue but are all over budget. Not sure about Apex connectivity with the Abyzz (I think they have 0-10v options) but those RD3’s only need the Apex cable.

That said, I am not sure why Apex control is needed for a return pump. Personally, I recommend agaist it. A return pump should be set it and forget and 0-10v control adds an additional point of failure. if a cable ever has an issue or the 0-10v channel on the controller ever has an issue, the pump will shut down. As such, I avoid 0-10v control on return pumps. Closed loop is another story. They are great for closed loop applications.
I agree with Scott 100%! I too feel we need to decrease points of failure on the items that are most essential like return pump.

BTW Scott, the Abyzz is controllable via the Apex. Terence of Neptune Systems himself runs an Abyzz via his Apex.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...
gcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote