View Single Post
Unread 03/21/2012, 12:56 PM   #337
galleon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammothReefer View Post
This was not a "thriving" reef. It was a 2 month old non cycled tank, filled with acropora and new pieces constantly from the wild,
OK, it's time for some timeline fact checking for the sake of everyone here. This tank was set up in early November 2011 with a large piece of live rock (that just happened to have a Porites on it). It was cycled. I added some more live rock (VERY little, two small branch pieces), got a tiny ammonia blip.

Now, I added wild colonies on FEBRUARY 3rd. I have not added a single wild piece or colony period since then. I added some frags Thales sent me on February 8th. Every single Acropora piece in the system that survived shipping was healthy, establishing itself and growing on February 28th when the pH spike occurred.

Here is the video from FEBRUARY 20th. Everything looked just as good 8 days later immediately prior to when the accident occurred.

Now, please, I encourage ANYONE here to point out which one of these wild colonies that had been in my ****hole of a system for a month did NOT look like it was thriving? Show me one that even looks stressed.

galleon is offline   Reply With Quote