View Single Post
Unread 04/15/2013, 02:16 PM   #1
musson
Registered Member

Installing a Chiller on BioCube 14

I recently got back into the hobby and set up a BioCube 14. The tank runs about 8 deg. warmer than the room and we live in NC. Summer temps in our house run 75 when we are home and 80 when we are not. It was obvious that we needed a chiller. I purchased a AquaEuroUSA Max Chill 1/13 HP and it arrived today. Installing was very easy and took no more than 45 minutes. I first drilled 2 3/4" holes in the back up the top. Then I connected the pump (Maxi-Jet 900) to the chiller using 1 90 deg. elbow at the top of the exit hole of the tank. I then connected the chiller output back through the other hose and connected it to the elbow that came with the tank. I used 10' of 1/2" clear hose from Big Box store cut in half. I don't have clamps on anything other then the chiller connections (they came with the chiller) and the connection to the elbow where the water exits back to the tank. I have good flow. The chiller needs to set for 24 hours before turning it on so I will report on it's effectiveness in a day or 2.

Here are some pictures to show how it was done.

musson is offline   Reply With Quote