View Single Post
Unread 04/20/2011, 10:04 AM   #18
computeaholic
Registered Member

Good luck with the new tank. I have recently acquired a 75 gallon with a really nice setup after a friends mom had passed away. Her dad was crashing the tank so I had/have a lot of work in front of me. This forum is a great place to learn a lot and you will find a lot of people that are eager to share what they have learned. Don't let it overwhelm you or think it will be like this forever. After the initial work and learning salt water aquariums get to be fairly easy to maintain. I do about 45 minutes of work a week and do a 15% water change on my system. Everything is growing and happy in my tank. So remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Be careful not to do too many water changes or it will cycle your tank. A lot of times under reacting to a problem is better than over reacting. Being consistent is key. Another great way to get help is go to a nice reef shop and take a water sample. Just talk to the employees. Most all reef shops I have been into are extremely helpful. The little mom and pop kinda places have really been a big help to me.

computeaholic is offline   Reply With Quote