View Single Post
Unread 10/08/2019, 04:54 PM   #8
whiterushen
Registered Member

Thank you for the advice on the probiotic sea salt---have not heard of that. I'm using coral pro reef salt that comes high in CALC and ALK as well as other elements needed by corals. I seeded both of my live rock tanks with a big load of amphipods and copepods. The cured live rock tank already had a good size population of these little beneficial guys. Also---since being old school like I am, I still believe in the old addage "If it aint broke, dont fix it." Today in 2019, there are a dozen different options for beneficial starter bacteria---back 30 years ago we only had one or 2 choices. One of the first brands in the market that started around 1985 going on 35 yrs, is still around. Not many stores carry it so I ordered it online. I have used the product a dozen times over the decades on freshewater, saltwater, and outdoor ponds---so it is extremely proven and succesful to me in personal experience. I used 4 new name brands and didnt get the results I expected. With my old school stuff, I had to use about 16 oz of it, but I was able to ressurect DEAD live rock (very nasty and rotten), about 45 lbs of it--cured it in only 3 weeks time! Very impressive in my book. I am having a lot of fun in my return, and I promise to post pics up of my progress.

whiterushen is offline   Reply With Quote