View Single Post
Unread 02/16/2014, 08:46 PM   #17
cpbirds407
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua_DHMO_Tech View Post
I had a tank going for a few months.. Hydroids took over and THEN I ordered panacure. Also suspected nematodes.. You are probably going to need to treat for hydroids. Panacure is the go-to. It will kill off many inverts however and leach from substrate for a LONG time. Available from DanU. I hope I'm allowed to post the site- seahorsesource.com. I got my dwarfs from an online retailer as well, wild caught and relatively cheap. I QT'd everyone in a methylene blue and formalin solution- except my male gave birth in QT and I transferred them right over. So if I did get nematodes it must have come from them. I just started cycling a fluval v as well. Saw this thread and picked one up from craigslist. I was going to do a nano reef after upgrading lighting, but you've got me motivated to try dwarves agains! I'm also in Orlando. What LFS did you go to?
Hi Scott!! Thanks for the good info. I really appreciate it!! I went to Sea Life in Apopka. She says she can get them but it took me a while to get them. So??? Idk. Let me know if you end up getting the seahorses. I would be curious in following you if you make a thread. I believe one of myales is pregnant. We shall see he releases them from the pouch. Also, if you decide to go with a reef tank, let me know because I know a few people in Orlando that sell frags SOOOO MUCH CHEAPER than the LFS. (Yes, I know that supporting the local business blah blah...) lol I had someone go off on me because I mentioned I purchased from a guys home rather than supporting my LFS.

cpbirds407 is offline   Reply With Quote