View Single Post
Unread 07/17/2017, 05:35 PM   #18
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

I'm planning to order the pro by Thursday. I called a reseller today and asked them to email a copy of the manual so that I can read up more about it. I also want to make sure that the pro has 2 plugs. It should. One for the ozone generator and another for the UV sterilizer. They will both be running on a ghl P4 controller with an orp probe. If orp goes above 350, the ozone will cut off but UV will continue. The powerbar socket for the ozone will also be programmed to run for a max number of hours a day anyway as a safety precaution. Air will be exhausted outside so no exhausted carbon worries there. Water will get a regular change out of carbon. I price point is solid at $299 from some shops and I like the way these do not require a dryer by design.

I know these are old school but my main reason for getting both ozone and UV is because so many pros (in my book anyway) use one or both of them. glennf, O2manyfish, Paul B, Slief, Reefkeeper2, David Saxby, to name just a few. They all have fewer disease issues. If a fish makes it into one of their tanks with a case of ich, it is controllable and doesn't wipe out or decimate the entire tank and its inhabitants. The have clearer water, and a bunch of other anecdotal reasons why they stay with one or both. I will humor myself with this information and consider this old school approach a cheap form of fish insurance.

Last edited by ReefKeeper64; 07/17/2017 at 05:45 PM.
ReefKeeper64 is offline   Reply With Quote