View Single Post
Unread 07/08/2019, 10:45 PM   #1
CTaylor
Registered Member

new maxima not opened fully, but already attached to a base

Hello,

I just got a 1 1/2" maxima. It's been in LFS for over a week, and was opened fully under it's LED (chinese black bos, so they weren't perfect or very strong). So I put mine in a medium light area of my 48" wide, 22" deep 110 gallon, under kessil a700 in the middle and a600 on either side. It might get 150-180 MAAXX par where it's at, I measured with PAR meter. I placed it on a half clam shell, which holds it great. I forgot to get phyto. I will in the next 1-2 days.

It was opened nicely the first 24 hrs. Then this early eve, about 4 hrs before lights out (12 hr cycle) I noticed it was opened only slightly. I also saw that it was attached to it's base (that clam shell). Later, I pulled it up out of the water, curiious and worried if the muscle was dying. But it squirted strong, so it seems the muscle is still intact well.

Should I be concerned? I thought it was dying, but would the facts that it's attaching and still squirts mean that it's ok, and maybe I need to get phyto ASAP?
And should I just dose phyto according to label on bottle? It's the only phyto filter feeder I have.

I'd post in the clam forum, but literally there are no posts there! lol

THX!

CTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote