View Single Post
Unread 03/08/2003, 06:47 AM   #28
Tanu
Registered Member

I also received an email on this topic, which I'll answer here, so the replies can be read by everyone interested.

Spray foam indeed. After the foam has hardened, the tank is rinsed thouroughly 3 times: fresh water, fresh water with table salt, fresh water again. Hereafter, no problem.

Some people also seal the foam with epoxy. It is just ordinary 'hardware store' foam. I didn't really incorporate powerheads in the foam, but I have one pump chamber. In there are two pumps: one Tunze Turbelle and one no-name pump to achieve (with the help of pvc tubing) a bottom dwelling current.

The sand used on the surface was just 'ordinary' crushed coral.

These backdrops are created the easiest, when one applies the foam, rocks, sand and so on, when the acrylic sheets aren't glued in place yet. Better have the sheets lying on a table or so. When everything has hardened out, you glue the sheets in place and 'bond' them with a little extra foam.

About the translation: which part do you want to have translated? It is the website of a LFS (no saltwater unfortunately!), with some pics of really cool aquascaped tanks, but I'm affraid they don't explain their techniques on this site.

Tanu

Tanu is offline   Reply With Quote