View Single Post
Unread 03/30/2017, 08:37 PM   #19
zsuman101
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatohead View Post
Bit of an update;

I am running gfo but only about 2/3 recommended amount, every time I test po4 (Hanna ULR) I get somewhere between .02-.07, and I have little bits of hair algae around, so there is some phos in there. I tested nitrate tonight (Salifert) and it's hard to tell, in the regular test it looks like about 15-20 but high resolution test more like 10... so somewhere in there. I have cut my nopox dose by 90% from ten days ago, so that makes sense I guess. The reason I keep reducing is i have cyano getting worse, hoping to just keep rolling with it and hopefully it burns out. My tank looks like total crap right now though and I have had to back off my doser a bit since it seems growth is slowing too. just have to keep telling myself to leave it alone.
i find on my zeo reef that if i have a tinge of cyano goin on my tank corals are rockin. so im riding that edge for growth in lieu of aestetics until the reef fills in. if i know im having someone over i will back off on the zeostart and spongepower for a few days and the tank cleans up pretty quick. its really quite interesting and no matter how long i have done this im still learning something all the time. good luck n stuff.... zsu