View Single Post
Unread 05/30/2009, 12:06 PM   #48
buza24
Registered Member

Mid Valley School Tank

I'm a biology teacher and I run a tank at Mid Valley High School, in Throop ( near Scranton). I was able to get a pretty good setup donated to us by a local person. We have a 120 gal glass tank, about 150 lbs rock, Hamilton MH lighting fixture. Remora pro skimmer, refugium, etc. I currently run an eheim canister filter but am looking to get a sump going this summer. Our school agreed to budget about 500 dollars for the sump, but i could use some help choosing the equipment and advice on setting it up. We also could use some livestock donations if anyone is willing. A few people (including regalauto) donated some coral frags at the thatfishplace swap, thanks again and most of it is doing well. The tank was donated already setup and had a bit of a cyano problem since then. I have never been able to totally fix it. We have a spectra pure RODI system and i was doing weekly water changes. I've fallen a little behind lately, my wife an I just had our first child a few weeks ago. I could use some help cleaning up the cyano and getting some coral going if anyone is interested. I will be off for the summer next week and plan on working on the tank this summer.

buza24 is offline   Reply With Quote