View Single Post
Unread 07/21/2019, 06:29 PM   #52
WinnipegDragon
Canuckian

Couple of other small updates, got my two 3/4" VCA random flow generators in. Should have done 1/2" though as my returns need to push about 250 gph each for them and that's a lot of flow through the sump, at least 10x. Might need to return them and scale down.

Also got around to water testing. Ammonia in the rock tub is at or below 2ppm so I've clearly got something using it up as this shrimp has been in the tub for a solid two weeks. Strangely though, I see zero Nitrates and zero Nitrites. The tub is completely dark so there is nothing in there to eat nitrate either.

I'm guessing maybe there isn't enough oxygenation in the tub despite running a small air pump next to the powerhead.
Checked the pH and it's sitting very low at about 7.6 so maybe that's it? These are brand new Red Sea kits so they shouldn't be that far off. Not expired or anything either.

Regardless I'm not in a rush and this rock will move to the display as soon as I have it so it will get light and flow and aeration then. I dropped in another vial of Prodibio biodigest and I'll check again in a few days.