View Single Post
Unread 10/01/2017, 10:40 AM   #2947
Rick55555
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
There are no adjustments needed other than the wedge pipe but the skimmer is most likely breaking in again since you cleaned the entire skimmer and not just the pump. Typical beakin takes several days. As such, it should subside within a week or less. That said, avoid long soaks in vinegar. 10 minutes max for the pump. Vinegar is used in the marine boat hull industry to clean up both cured and uncured epoxy. It will soften and damage the epoxy potting used inside the pumps to seal them during the manufacturing process.
I appreciate your reply. I didn't mean to suggest I soaked the pump in vinegar, just the skimmer body (as the pump and skimmer are brand new, so there's no coraline on the pump).

I've since done an additional water change and the skimmer is now back to overflowing (as opposed to appearing stable but emitting micro bubbles through the bottom white pipe).

The tank has run skimmerless for about three weeks, to the detriment of the inhabitants, because (of what appears to be) the use of 2 1/2 sticks of epoxy. I have gradually completed a 100%+ water change (and I've removed the Aquastik epoxy). I am not sure what else to do at this point other than wait. I have also been running carbon.

Does the overflowing issue still seem like the skimmer's breaking in, given the series of events described above?

Thanks,
Rick

Rick55555 is offline   Reply With Quote