View Single Post
Unread 03/16/2018, 07:01 PM   #17
jda
Dogmatic Dinosaur

Here is where I got the idea for a double dose.... it is hardly scientific...

I am NOT on facebook or any other social media. I had a semi-friend at a frag swap show me a post about a guy who claims to have treated his AEFW with a strong home-made concoction of dissolved wormwood powder. He used it as a dip, but also started to treat his tank. He said that it killed them dead within hours. His claim was that you could not give the tank too much and that all that suffered were the parasite type worms (flatworms including some other kinds) and not even the bristle worms got mad. My friend wrote him for more details and he never answered that I know of. I ordered some wormwood powder for the tank that I help maintain... about the same time that the owner bought some Flatworm Stop. They smelled exactly the same and tasted the same. Based on the facebook guy who claimed that strong doses of Wormwood did no damage to the reef, we started a double dose of the Flatworm Stop hoping that the effects were twice as good. I have no idea if this is necessary, but since it was working so well, we decided not to stop. I cannot remember if we started with a normal dose and increased it, but that seems right... like a few weeks. I did not get into this expecting it to work, so I did not pay much attention.

When we saw the population of worms drop after a few weeks, but still exist, this is very common with all of the reports online. After two months and I saw only a few egg clusters where there were usually thousands (literally), I strongly believe that we were onto something. After another month, I never saw another egg, but the worms lived on in smaller numbers. The worms were large. After about five months, I could not find a worm or egg. After six months, not any worms or eggs still. After a while, we saw no more small worms... this is what led me to believe that they were not reproducing and possibly just dying of old age.

This guy is very capable of dosing every day. I believe that he did this to the letter... I think that this is important.

Wormwood is a natural parasite remedy, so it all made sense.

I hope that this works for somebody else.

jda is offline   Reply With Quote