Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 08/14/2018, 09:45 PM   #135
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

I got the fake root clear coated and silicone sealed, over the weekend. So the root project is done. Woo!

Next is getting the wave box placed and situated. Once that's done, I can build the fake wall to hide it, and the rest of the left end, flow-through wall. I guess it's time to buy some egg crate and pond foam. It should be a fairly straightforward project. Hiding the 'vents' in the wall could be challenging to get right. Plus I want it to blend into the back fake wall. If I get it right, it should look very cool and natural!

There will be very little rock on the bottom. Almost all sand. And seagrass. A few live rocks under the roots will host a small number of macros. In v1, the macros eventually took over. This time I want the grasses to dominate. I'm really liking the vision. Will I ever get there?

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote