View Single Post
Unread 06/13/2018, 05:16 PM   #357
incloud
Registered Member

I've had this pump (18000) running for about 6 months now and I'd say it's the best pump I've ever had Chinese, cheap or not. You can't hear it or tell it is running unless you put your head next to it. I don't understand how but it doesn't even so much as get warm to the touch. I currently have it pushing from my 150 gallon basement sump up 11 feet and over to my 65 display at 80 watts of 130 available. I just got the Red Sea Reefer 450 and want to T off from the 65 and run the 450 inline. I feel pretty confident that it could handle it but am not sure. all three rises equal 16 feet. Overall height from the pump to highest point would be 11 feet. There is approximately 30 feet of horizontal pipe and 5 elbows, 3 45's. All 3/4" PVC. Pump is rated at Max Head: 30ft. From what I have explained, would it technically be possible? The different calculators I've found online have not settled my concern so was hoping a thread of those experienced with the pump may be able to shed some light. Thanks in advance for your time and response!

incloud is offline   Reply With Quote