View Single Post
Unread 05/07/2009, 12:21 PM   #62
Insane Reefer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xJake
I made some comments on thread in another thread, and I was asked to post them here...
hmmm...
Quote:
...Again, his claims seem rather sketchy. He doesn't support them with any credible sources, and I've never heard of a fish being able to directly absorb elements (or anything, except water, for that matter) from the water column, so this sounds extremely far-fetched to me.
Perhaps you should do a bit more reading then, kiddo.

Manufacturer: Mardel

Benefit: Due to its unique properties, Maracyn-Two is absorbed by the fish through the skin. During the prescribed treatment, the concentration of Maracyn-Two in the fish fluids rises to a therapeutic level and is available to fight systemic infections susceptible to its action.

And, according to the BOOKS I've read, (like this one: http://books.google.com/books?id=dIL...um=16#PPA17,M1),
a good many of the things like vitamins and minerals (calcium for one) that a fish needs are absorbed through the skin as well as the gills.

Quote:
Most of his "suggestions" and ideas (which he seems to be stating as "fact") seem to be supported only by speculation and his own hypotheses, and it doesn't seem very accurate to me. I'm sure he meant well, but I just don't buy into most of his claims.
Might expand your knowledge base before bashing someone else's knowledge, dude - just because YOU haven't heard of it or read it doesn't mean it isn't reliable or factual...

Current Tank Info: Oceanic Biocube 8
Insane Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote