View Single Post
Unread 09/16/2017, 12:10 AM   #1
Kinetic
Registered Member

Reefer 170 Setup for Anemones / Clowns!

Finally got my tank set up. The display tank came cracked, so Red Sea sent me a new one that just arrived this week. Everything plumbed and ready to go.

Equipment list:
A few things are actually in a closet to the right of the tank. All plumbing goes under the floor so it's hidden. You can see, however, the cable raceway. Unfortunately the cables (chiller power, neptune pmup power, and optical sensor for ato reservoir) were too short to go under the floor through the crawlspace.
  • Red Sea Reefer 170
  • AI Hydra 52 HD
  • Skimz QuietPro 4.0 DC Return Pump
  • Skimz QuietPro 2.0 DC gfo/carbon reactor + chiller pump
  • Simplicity 120 DC Skimmer
  • TECO SeaChill TR10 Chiller
  • Jager 175watt Heater
  • Neptune Apex Jr. Controller with EB4 (for heat/chiller control and ATK)
  • Neptune ATK for topoff from LPDE 5 gallon reservoir (Araven colorclip airtight food container, bpa free). Extra Neptune optical sensor to notify me when ATO reservoir is empty
  • BRS Mini Reactor (for GFO/Carbon)
  • Maxspect Gyre XF130
  • AirWaterIce Typhoon III RO/DI with chloramine block
  • Possible Algae Reactor if needed

Inside
  • 10 lbs. marcorock key largo dead rock
  • 25 lbs. Tropic Eden Mesoflakes
  • Aquaforest Reef Salt

Current Status
Cycling with Dr. Tim's One and Only with dosed Ammonium Chloride (1.2ppm). Week 3 of the rocks cycling, but only day 3 of the rocks being in brand new water inside the actual tank. I'm guessing a few more weeks before any significant bacteria will populate.

Livestock

My plan is to keep one H. Magnifica, let it establish itself well, and then introduce a small clutch of ocellaris (I'm thinking 8).

Think the tank will handle it? I have the option of plumbing a pretty big sump to increase water volume and allow for a much larger skimmer if needed.

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote