View Single Post
Unread 01/22/2015, 12:41 PM   #177
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Can someone with first hand knowledge tell me how large a California horn shark will get? I have read several books now and they all say something different and honestly it's kind of irritating. One book says 40" but then has a disclaimer that most don't get over 30-33" another book claims closer to 48" is max with most getting about 40-42". Such conflicting information out there and it seems that there are only a few active members here that keep sharks or have any knowledge about them. I just recently went to the public aquarium near me and the had 3 port Jackson sharks roughly 2ft each I. A tank that couldn't of been over 200g. I realize they have the knowledge and space to move the sharks when need be but it surprised me to see 3 in what I would consider a small tank.

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is offline   Reply With Quote