View Single Post
Unread 04/19/2016, 08:24 AM   #56
mkzimms
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellikan View Post
In doing some research I've discovered that my light is internally controlled by PWM and I'm getting a DC pump that would need to use the SDA and SCL pins. Mind you I haven't tried this yet. The point is this; while planning out my controller I'm going to do my best to make sure to use the regular GPIO pins first wherever I'm able and reserve the special function pins for their special functions.

Something to think about.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

You may be interested in the 16-chan PWM breakout. https://www.adafruit.com/products/815

My lights are PWM as well (using LDD drivers - 4 channels) and I opted to do a USB serial connection between my PI and an arduino to make use of PWM pins at the start of my project. I wrote up a sketch to receive commands via serial to control all pins and pass back all pin states for the arduino. Code on the pi can then call a getArduinoStatus or setArduinoState function with arguments which then passes a serial command to the arduino.

I am however switching to a full node.js implementation on the PI and swaping out the arduino for the above breakout board.

Last edited by mkzimms; 04/19/2016 at 08:35 AM.
mkzimms is offline   Reply With Quote