View Single Post
Unread 11/18/2009, 09:45 PM   #25
DeathWish302
Clown Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by john68camaro View Post
Sorry phil missed the question on the heater type. Right now I am using a 200W and a 150 watt heaters made by elite. These seem to be working pretty good for me. And they were on sale at a local fish store near me.

On the broodstock setup, I have a 200W fluval heater and a 150W elite heater. I also have a few backup heaters in the 150W and 200W range just incase of a heater issue. I will be putting these in each of the sumps on a lower temp turn on range just incase of one of my working heaters fail. This way, I have a backup. I may also get a controller with a warning signal when the temp gets too low.
Honestly if your willing to invest the time and money a Ranco (or similar) temp controller should be a MUST! For the effort these guys take, I wouldn't short-cut my flawless Ebo-Jager heaters (older models ~8 years old) with Ranco controllers any day.

Just my opinion on ~$120-150 worth of security that cannot be measured as you have already experienced.

Save 'Wild' Nemo and his Nem.! Would you transplant a Redwood b/c it looks good with birds in the backyard??? Buy CB fish and Captive-Cloned nems.

Current Tank Info: 175gal. 3-tier Reef, 400W/250W Radiums, LED/CFL Par38 Mangrove Lagoon 12g Aquapod GBTA 'sterile' tank w/ DIY LED Lighting
DeathWish302 is offline   Reply With Quote