View Single Post
Unread 04/24/2018, 06:08 AM   #220
mashmasterj
Registered Member

any updates?

I have been battling it in a 4 year old reef that i moved to a new slightly larger tank with new washed sand bed. 3 weeks in slime bacteria is killing me. corals are lackluster BUT still alive and growing but the slime and white stringy stuff grows in my all in one tank chambers, plumbing, skimmer and glass after 3 days of cleaning. clogs filter floss after 10 hours. the CUC looks to be keeping it off the rockwork but you can see that fuzzy stuff on rocks and powerheads.

dr tims refresh for 10 days and heavy doses of wasteaway i am on 4 additions of that so far. still around looks like it might be slowing? i have to scrub my chambers, skimmer, return every week and syphon out to keep up.

running oversized skimmer now wet. dosing peroxide nightly 1ml - 10 gallons. i do not dose carbon. it just came out of nowhere.

i am a few steps away from tearing it all down and stopping as i can't keep up with the maintenance and cleaning - it is way to much effort for losing and sadness of not enjoying the tank now is too much to handle.

thanks for any input

mashmasterj is offline   Reply With Quote