View Single Post
Unread 03/20/2017, 02:49 PM   #104
fitch4
Registered Member

Not sure I agree with all of that...
The OSRAS is more of a conference than a swap. The FFM has more coral vendors and is really aimed at being the biggest coral swap around. OSRAS looks aims to be more of a speaker/dinner type conference. You will find a subset of the FFM vendors and few new ones at OSRAS, but no where near the number of vendors/corals. Its at a hotel in one of their conference areas so you have more space to walk around.
The speakers at OSRAS are good national quality speakers, who don't come out this way often, which again is one of the focuses there. Not sure I would knock Justin Credible but, each to their own...
The raffle is similar in size with many similar items. Each one has some nice stuff in it, some different stuff and quite a bit of repeats. I would not say that they is a significant difference between them there.
Admission is $10, or $35 if you want dinner. More expensive than FFM, but $5 is certainly not a reason to not go.
My two cents, go if you are thinking about it. Its a different thing than the FFM, smaller and less chaotic, but a nice chance to hear some speakers and see some vendors.

Largest Single Day Coral Show in the U.S.! - 100+ Vendors!

Current Tank Info: 100, 135 reefs and 150g and 800g frag tanks
fitch4 is offline   Reply With Quote