View Single Post
Unread 10/27/2016, 01:56 AM   #19
BB215
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dawghouse View Post
So I had a similar issue with a new bucket of Probiotic with Mg being WAY high and Alk being way low. As well the salt was rock hard and in block form. When I mixed it up it turned the water dirty brown. So I threw out my first mixed batch thinking it was something I did, then made another 10 gals...nope water was still dirty.

I contacted AF about this issue asking them what was up with this bucket (Ive gone through easily 7 buckets of salt alone and who knows how many liters of 123). Their response to me was send them a sample of 5L of mixed water and they will test it...I wonder what it would cost me to send 5L of water to Europe will cost me?

Numbers I can adjust but the dirty, cloudy water is my concern.
I thought it was something I did wrong with dirty cloudy water plus Mg levels 1500 plus. I've stopped all dosing, added more GAC, changing filter sock daily and 40 liter water changes with IO salt.
I was going to start dosing comp 123+ when levels are in check but did not know anything about the Naci free salt thing. Glad I read this thread right through.

Would natural salt water be ok to use with comp 123+ ??

BB215 is offline   Reply With Quote