View Single Post
Unread 01/23/2017, 02:01 PM   #2151
Shown_nuff
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightOwl View Post
Hoping to get some input from you guys here on my proposed plans for a new steel stand. I checked around and found out a steel stand is not as expensive as I thought it might be. The dimensions are sorta rough right now but the overall tank dimensions will be 82" x 40" x 26" (roughly) peninsula eurobraced and I was hoping to have a little bit of overlap around the tank with the stand. The top will have a 3/4" piece of plywood and 1/8" yoga mat the front side against the wall will be skinned with plywood. Both sides and the back will remain open for access to the sump and any other equipment under the tank. Currently the sump measures 46" x 20" x 15".

Overall Stand Dimensions:
84" x 42" x 42"
Top of stand: 1.5 x 3 (Rectangular Tubing)
Legs and supports: 1.5 x 1.5 (Square Tubing)

Questions:
If using 1.5 square and rectangular tubing what gauge should it be? Currently think 11 gauge.

What's the longest span I should be able to go without a vertical support brace? Currently biggest opening is 40".

How big should my corner braces be? Currently they are 6"x6"

What the recommended thickness of the corner braces 1/4"?

I need to break the stand into two parts in order to get it in my home. What is usually a good place or way to divide.?

Nightowl,

Where are you located in Maryland? I live in Upper Marlboro but work by BWI Airport. If your don't mind, whom do you have making your stand? I am looking to have a steel stand built also and I do not know who to contact.

Shown_nuff is offline   Reply With Quote