View Single Post
Unread 09/04/2006, 02:18 PM   #25
phender
Registered Member

It looks like maybe the cut parts are coming together on both pieces after all. The feet on both are attached firmly. The one in the tank has been moving around a bit, but I think it has found a spot that it likes now. The body and oral disks on both seem to have nice water pressure in them. The tentacles are not as inflated as much as I would like, but that goes along with the body being a little over inflated so that there is more space between the tentacles than normal. The under inflating makes the tentacle tips look green. When they are inflated fully they are more yellow.

Here is the one in the tank at ~24 hrs. The cut is at about 8 o'clock if the anemone was a clock. I am sorry the pics aren't better, but I am hesitant to touch the amemone in fear that I might pull something apart, if in fact things are trying to fuse together.

Here are the anemones at 40 hrs.
The cut in this pic is at about 7 o'clock. The red spotted thing to the right is the anemone's foot. The red speckled foot is one of the identifying characteristics of a merten's carpet. It is the only clownfish hosting carpet that has this, however S. tapetum sometimes have it as do the Atlantic carpets. I'm a little worried about the clownfish, as she can get a little rough with the anemone. Right now she is preoccupied with trying to show the orange skunk who is boss.

The cut in this pic is at about 1 o'clock. This piece was a little bit bigger from the start. It is looking a lot bigger because the body is more inflated than the one in the tank. There is quite a bit of current going though the basket. The pump return for the aquarium is hitting the basket at an angle just to the right of the anemone. You can probably see the surface disturbance in the picture.

Things are looking pretty good. I am a pleasently surprized with how they look, considering that 2 days ago they had all their guts hanging out. It looks like they may pull themselves back into a circle and heal up after all.

Current Tank Info: 50 gal reef, used to have - 60 gal reef, 40 gal reef, 2-20 gal clownfish tanks which were also reefs.
phender is offline   Reply With Quote