View Single Post
Unread 07/14/2011, 09:37 PM   #1
JaneG
Registered Member

How many Cree 3w LEDs for my ADA 60P?

Hello,
First and foremost - I am sorry for all the LED questions! It sounds like I am going back and forth but I just really want to be sure that what I have will be good. I have an ada 60-P (17.4g) tank with dimensions of 24'' long, 12'' long, and 14'' tall. My lighting situation is "unique" in that I have very little room for placing the light above my tank. At most, the fixture could be around 4'' above the tank. I am going to have clams and SPS (connected to a 20g sump for stability) so I will need quite a bit of light. The ratio I am going to use is pretty much 1 Blue to 4 Neutral White to 8 Royal Blue. I am planning on having this setup be dimmable (at least for the whites and possibly for the others). My questions are:

How many LEDs would you suggest? I was originally going to buy 24 but now that seems like a bit much - but maybe it's right for this setup? I am now thinking of maybe 12, 14, or even 18.

I am going to keep some low light corals (mostly zoas and rics) with this, so I do need some areas with low light. Would it be a good idea to concentrate the lights together in the center a little more than usual?

Would you suggest I have no optics or 80 degree optics?

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks!

JaneG is offline   Reply With Quote