View Single Post
Unread 02/04/2003, 01:55 PM   #7
Tanu
Registered Member

The tank dimensions are 130 x 70 x 70 cms, or 51 x 27.5 x 27.5". The system is lit by a Aquaspacelight (2 x 150 W german (aqualine buschke) Hqi 10.000 K and 2 x 24 W PC blue). I know, this isn't very much light, and in the beginning I wondered if it would be enough, but it is! Even on the bottom of the (quite high!) tank sps frags retain lost colors and show very nice purple, red, blue and so on. I must admit that the fixture is closer to the water surface as recommended: It's about 6' to the surface

Current is generated by a Tunze Turbelle electronic which pums 4000 L/hour and a small 500 L/h PH.

Water is cleaned by a downdraft skimmer with wooden airstone. The skimmer is connected directly to the overflow, which has filter fiber in it. I change the fiber each 2 days. When the water flows out of the skimmer, it flows through Phosphate adsorber, silicate adsorber and a little carbon. I also use 15 mg/h ozone. Calcium is added by a calcium reactor, trace elements by a 3 channel peristaltic dosing pump. Each day 1 ml of Corall A, B and C (www.grotech.de) is pumped into the system.

The tank is up for only a few months now, but all rock was precured (either in my old tank, or in a temporary holding tank in my living room). There still are some unwanted algae, and I try to stock the tank slowly... Future plans are, like I said, some more fish, and of course more corals

What would you change (aquascape, tech..) if this was your tank?

Tanu

Tanu is offline   Reply With Quote