View Single Post
Unread 04/23/2008, 01:32 PM   #12
kenargo
Premium Member

'Bad', represents a dummy timer; it is the same as ALM (alarm).

In the example above scolley is suggesting that there are multiple levels of bad. Scolley suggests separating them into 2 categories, 1 turning on the 'ALM' timer and the other turning on the 'BAD' timer. Scolley further describes how you could use the state of these timers to do 'something' which could preempt a full melt down.

A tank example might be to have ALM turn on when the temp > 80 but turn BAD on when the temp is over 90. The ALM might only need to send an email but BAD being on you may want to shut down all the lights on the tank and turn on the backup fans.

Does this help?

Click on my name to visit my homepage and access a collection of AquaController and Apex software, tips, trick and other Q&A including a link to the 'unofficial Apex new users guide' with loads of helpful information and don't forget to put a pin in my location map.

Current Tank Info: 225G, BK 300 Deluxe, Deltec PF601, Precision Marine Kalkreactor, 2-LMIII+6 pumps, SpectraPure UHE, Apex, LunarSim, Tunze 6305s. Mixed reef, clam, fish, etc.
kenargo is offline   Reply With Quote