View Single Post
Unread 01/31/2018, 04:04 PM   #41
Dugless
Registered Member

Here are a few pictures of the sump that Royal Exclusive built for me. The first chamber pushes water through 3 filter socks. I know a lot of people hate these, but I find them valuable if using lower micron mesh and rinsing them every 4-5 days. I elected to go with a Bubble King Double Cone 180 with a DC controller. This should help me dial in the skimmer, but I really was buying based on everything I read about its quiet operation. Similarly I chose the Red Dragon 80w DC return pump and I had RE build a simple manifold to feed a media reactor. I typically run GFO and this would be utilized for that down the road. There is a second output on the manifold if needed later on. Everything is topped off with lids to retain moisture and protect components in the stand from any micro salt spray. They're a bit cumbersome if I'm being picky, but definitely worth the effort considering the mess I usually run into with salt creep and the noise it eliminates.

Overall the whole box is really well built out of thick PVC. I can attest to it's bulk as it took some care to wrestle into the stand. Here are some more pictures.

Dugless is offline   Reply With Quote