View Single Post
Unread 11/07/2006, 07:57 AM   #87
dwculp
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by luke865
Hey Red_Six,

I have a couple of questions:

1. I am curious what your TBS live rock looks like after it has been in your tank for a few months?

2. Did you have a choice of different types of live sand? You mentioned that you really liked the sand, but I am not sure if I would like the "coarse" sand look, do they have any "finer" sand?

Thanks
I will answer a couple of your questions as I have had TBS in my tank for over two years now.

1. After a few months the rock looks GREAT!! You will have some sponge die-off but with proper maintence most things showuld survice. After two years I still have a considerable amount of the life oin the rock. The rock is not quite as colorful as it was two years ago but it still beats the pants off of any store bought or ordered "live" rock.

2. I do not think they have a choice of sands. The course sands looks good, with lots of color, you get used to it. I do admit, I do see tanks with the bleach white fine sand and I am envious from time to time. But they dont have the billions of critters I have living in my sand!

Current Tank Info: 10 years - Currently have a 100 FOWLR
dwculp is offline   Reply With Quote