View Single Post
Unread 09/18/2018, 08:45 AM   #6
KnightMetro
Registered Member

Happy Monday.

I got a few things done over the weekend with the tank wall. I made an access box on the left wall and rear wall so I can have an access panel to each side. These panels will give me access to the left side glass that will be against the wall. This will allow me to put a power head on the glass. Also, I'll have an access panel on the back to get to the Shadow overflow rear box as well as the back glass for any random future reasons.

Right now I am in research mode.

Since this is a from the ground up build, incorporating things I have never done before, in more room than I have ever had, I want to use to most up to date methods and incorporate them from the start.

Thinking out loud on ideas I am looking into.

-Triton method. Building the system around starting this discipline from the start.
-Roller mat filters. This is not needed in the Triton method, but I am still doing my research on this new product
-Power saving technologies.
-Apex controller
-Kessils A360x x3 with the 48" Aquatic Life T5HO hybrid fixture
-Protein Skimmer - Cloud 9 or Octo 202-S
-Maxspect Gyre

Sump design:

I have a new 40B that came with a full baffle kit for a fuge setup. I am actually thinking about getting another 40B and creating a dual 40B sump system. Where one flows into the other through some bulkheads. This will allow me to make a larger refugium and have a large area for the skimmer section and return. Plus, more water volume for whatever may end up added to the system. Like reactors, etc.

KnightMetro is offline   Reply With Quote