View Single Post
Unread 05/16/2019, 04:40 PM   #953
Wally.B
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mk View Post
Wally. Thanks for the video. I see see what you mean. I wish I have space for a sump room like you do. I am now in the process of combining my 55g (almost 30yrs old recently resealed) and my red sea 35g (6yrs old with build in sump) by draining into a 20g (water content) Sump and returning to the 55g and 35g using one return pump. My piping are ready. They will be connected this coming Saturday. Everything is a mess and all over the floor now (Including Apex, AWC, ATO, EB832, Break Out Box, Cable, .... etc). Once the returns are combined, then my project will be to create a cabinet to house all of the Apex gears. I am looking forward to have it finished and post a picture here.
Cool. Nice project you got going.
I too wanted to hook up my Frag tank to DT with Overflow and return. but it's a nightmare challenge. Not sure if anyone has done what I will be doing with just water change cascading down. Might work, might not well see.
In your case....Nothing better than re-using old stuff, to save money, and be eco friendly too.
Have you got a thread so I can follow along with your future build?
If not, share a photo since there is always room to learn and get good ideas.

Current Tank Info: 90 Gal Mixed Tank (T5,Kessil), 110G Custom In-Wall Office Tank (SPS only: T5 DIY Dimmable, Blue LED Strip, EuroReef Skimmer, DIY Doser, Gyre/Hydor Circ, DC Waveline 10,000 Return, Total Automation [Dual Tank SUMP ROOM] )
Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote