View Single Post
Unread 06/21/2010, 03:53 PM   #1674
bluereefs
Registered Member

Yup, it was cleared after few days, no losses on the livestock (one acro frag but she was in bad condition before this bloom). I removed the diy bp reactor day or two after this bacterial bloom, washed the reactor and bp in fresh water, put him back on this aquarium and get bacterial bloom again, not so dramatic like in picture above but water is cloudy.
What puzles me is that I used bp for months without this efect in various aquarium in various reactors, I still use bp in fluid reactor who have similar flow on another aquarium without cloudines and bacterial bloom.
So what is that what sudenly transform this reactor in bacterial machine who can cloud aquariums with bacteria in 24 hours? And was not there aprox 7 last months when I use that same bio pellets.
Maybe diferent design of my diy reactor, open top... ? I will try to take the mowie tomorow to show the diference betwen original fluid reactor tumbling and this one.

Even I do not recomend this dramatic bacterial bloom to anyone, that was only what reduces nitrates for 80-90 % in few days so it can be of use for someone who need fast and dramatic nitrates drop. And posiblly with few tweaking and better understending can be made more preciselly and safe.
I made and still work on that mostly due to experimental reason.