View Single Post
Unread 02/16/2003, 02:16 PM   #11
dgasmd
Registered Member

I may be very off here, but the 2 iwaki 100 would probably be your best bet to make it the most efficient possible. The thing about beckets for what I ahve read is that it limits outflow regardless of inflow to about 1000 gal/hr. It works best by using pressure rated pumps, neither of which the sequence or the ampmaster is. I would suggest, and again I may be wrong here, to use larger valves for the air intake to the becket chamber. Those RO valves are ratehr small and may cut down on your air intake significantly. I would also try to cut down on the amount of 90 degree elbows coming to the top of the becket since as I am sure you know they cut down the flow by adding resistance.
If this was my skimmer design, I would certainly make the main mixing tube a bit taller. Can't really tell from your picture how tall it is, but I would make mine at least 4 feet tall if not taller even. Also the water coming into the mixing chamber, I would re-direct using some PVC to make it swil inside the chamber (again, more contact time).
It looks awesome. Keep up the good work. By the way, how much would one of these monsters cost?? Ballpark figure would be more than enough.

Current Tank Info: Currently out of the hobby, but considering a Comeback V 2.1!
dgasmd is offline   Reply With Quote