View Single Post
Unread 04/24/2012, 06:16 PM   #109
Jmille501
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADtanks View Post
Good stuff, thinking of rebuilding my Solaris that has been sitting in the basement, got tired of PSU's, and LED banks going dim or dying ..... but I do have a DIY setup on my 210 right now 120LED's and thinking maybe this will work so the question is:

What is the max per Driver: Original does 5X 5 plugs, but i saw that the output of course is less than that of cree, so thats why you went with 4 LED per string? I also noticed you did 4 totals strings instead of all 5? Since you are able to run 4 LED's per string do you think i could get away with running 5 Strings of 4? Assuming that each string puts out the same Vf, and A.

Sorry, i am terrible at the electronics and barely got away with doing my 120LED rig lol.

thanks.
I used only 16 LED's because they are so bright , cost was a factor also . Using the original Solaris drivers , and the yellow and black leads , my multimeter showed 11.3 V and 650 mA at those points . By putting 4 in series , I am driving the LED's at 2.82 V and 650mA each . Slightly higher than that , but close . The XP'Gs can be driven up to 1500 mA and the XP'Es up to 1000 mA . I am well below that . I could run 5 strings of four , but I see no reason to at this point . The Cree's are BRIGHT !!!! Also , it was recommended to not exceed 100 LED's for my tank depth which is 20" . Hence I went with 80 ....

Jmille501 is offline   Reply With Quote