View Single Post
Unread 04/16/2018, 10:42 AM   #6658
MccReefer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpb View Post
With that setup I’d run 3 blue+, 2-6500k, 1 true actinic, and the reefbrite. I’d actually put the 6500k bulbs on the 2 channel setting you’re using now for your actinics and use that as your daytime peak of roughly 4-5 hours and have actinic viewing for the rest

The conventional wisdom that your dawn dusk blues are for visual appeal only and that your growing power is in the daylight bulbs has been fairly well debunked. You can have a 10-12 hour photoperiod of blue+ and actinic and that will provide all the growing power you need and the reef brite will show it off. Your white channel in the middle will definitely HELP with growth some, but the biggest difference will be in developing a full range of color pigments you would miss out on with shallow water corals if you skip the white. It’ll improve your actinic colors, despite having a less fluorescent presentation while they’re on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah I’d prefer the actinic look as most of my coral are brown under daylights but fluoresce under blues.
Would you recommend I run the reefbrite throughout the whole photo period? Seems like too much light.

MccReefer is offline   Reply With Quote