View Single Post
Unread 11/15/2017, 12:22 PM   #7
caribfan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsaTanks View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

So far no luck in getting him to eat and it's been 12 days. Tried live oysters, clams, and mussels on the half shell. Squid, shell on shrimp, small blue crab legs, fish, silversides, small krill, all haven't worked. Either have live emerald crabs.

I'm going to the asian market today to see if they have small live blue crabs or anything else to try. Will pick up some ghost shrimp too. I'll also try garlic on what I've been offering to see if that helps.

Getting worried. Fish looks healthy just will not eat. I've even fed the little green spot puffer close to the golden puffer to try to show him the stuff I've offered is edible.
I'm assuming it wasn't quarantined.

One of the biggest reasons for quarantine is to establish a feeding protocol and to allow the fish to feed without pressure. From the initial post, it sounds like there is a lot of feeding pressure in your tank.

Can you remove the fish and isolate so that you can work with it? I agree on the food choices so far, fresh shrimp or clams should do the trick.

Current Tank Info:
50 Breeder Quarantine Tank, 240 Miracles Finally up and running, 29 Biocube - AI Nano
caribfan is offline   Reply With Quote