Thread: Colorado Reef
View Single Post
Unread 05/01/2019, 07:41 PM   #26
benbarfield
Registered Member

Sorry for the delayed in my updates. Big things have happened. I found some cheap black foam board that was used to cover the back of the tank so you can’t see into the tank room. I will take it all down once the corals grow up and hide the plumbing. More rocks have been added to the tank after cycling to expand the aquascape. I am still wondering if I should build it higher? Thoughts? We’ve added fish and corals to the tank. We started with 3 convict tangs and one died within 24 hours of acclimation to the new tank. The other two started to fight for territory and one was taking a beating. He was removed into the refugium and is a model citizen in the there, even with a ton of caulerpa growing he has not shown an interest. Now both convicts are fat and happy. The next fish were 3 yellow tangs and 4 clownfish (ocellaris, snowflake, black snowflake, and a black ice). The snowflake developed what I am thinking is some kind of fungal infection and he was taken out and put in QT treating and is now back with the rest and doing great. The yellow tangs have been great. My wife loves Moorish idols and she wanted one. Despite my warnings she bought one, and I am happy to say it’s fat and happy in the tank. I told her it was going to die and so far I am loving eating my words. Fingers crossed though, such a beautiful fish. Coraline algae has been growing great so I added a few montipora and sps frags to the tank, along with a few duncans and a torch coral. Will wait a while to see how these do. Cheers until the next update.

IMG-1349
IMG-1351
IMG-1352
IMG-1329
IMG-1326
IMG-1330
IMG-1331
IMG-1332
IMG-1333

benbarfield is offline   Reply With Quote