View Single Post
Unread 06/25/2004, 01:53 PM   #33
copps
Premium Member

Excellent thread. My Red Sea regal angel is the star of the show in my sps system. I looked for months at every specimen that came in to a local retailer/wholesaler that gets shipments direct, and saw many that refused to eat or showed interest without feeding much. I saw mine attacking Formula 1 right in front of me and took him home for just $85. I had moved all of my zoanthids to my other system in preparation, with just a few left behind on live rock here and there. Included besides sps in the system are clams (maxima, crocea, squamosa, derasa, and as of today gigas thanks to RM), many ricordia, and two fungias. I was a little unsure of the fungia as they are pretty meaty and tempting, but all was left alone. Interestingly, within hours of being in the tank he had picked clean every zoanthid in the tank, which was welcomed.

I have had him now for a few months and he is a spoiled pig. He shares the tank with among other things a group of about 10 yellow-lined cardinals (Apogon cyanosoma) who are like little tuna, so he gets fed right from the turkey baster large meaty foods and some preparations bound with gel. He gets noticably excited when I feed squid and really attacks the baster interestingly. He's not at all aggresive, unlike my cardinals who beat the **** out of each other sometimes, with one completely loosing an eye a few days ago... anyway seperate subject. Right now for the time being he's in my 65, but by December (if all goes right with the home builder) my 180 will go back up for him in the new house to grace until my big boy goes up in about 3 years (500 gallon range). I'd love to eventually get a pair breeding like this guy .

Here's a few pics of my baby... these are arguably the most beautiful fish in the ocean...

A side view looking down the tank with him...

A closeup of him with one of my male cardinals with a mouth full of eggs...

Lastly hom cruising the reef...

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.
Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one we’re talking about.

Current Tank Info: displays are 1300 gallon SPS (8.5' x 6' x 42"), 240 gallon anemone, and 350 gallon fish only
copps is offline   Reply With Quote