View Single Post
Unread 05/15/2019, 02:27 PM   #1
travis32
Registered Member

High light corals?

I've got a 350 gallon display, operational for 6 months now.

When I set it up I went with a minimalist approach to rock. Probably have around 120 pounds in it or so. I'm told by other vendors that sell rock that I have about half of what I should have.

I had intents of adding more but haven't had time. To make up for the filtration I have a Diablo DC skimmer rated for 500 gallons and a Turbo Aquatics Algae Scrubber rated for 400 gallons
Anyways, my question is, I'm planning to add a 40 pound tower using "staxx" pourous rock. My goal is to epoxy the tower in 2-3 pieces. So I can get it into the tank without taking the light fixture down. It should be close to 25 -28 inches in height.

I plan to drill 1/2" holes for coral plugs at a 45 degree angle throughout the entire tower on all sides to allow diverse coral placement with some height to it. My display is 31" tall and my aquatic life fixture with 4 Coral special T5 HO bulbs and 3 AI HYDRA 52 LED lights over the tank.

Question is here: Once I acclimate the new dry rock over the next 2 months (in the display). What is something that would love HIGH amounts of light from intense LEDS and T5HO? Whatever goes in the top of the rock tower would be 6-8 inches from the lights. . . Is there any LPS that likes this or would it be all SPS or is the top too bright for any coral?

travis32 is offline   Reply With Quote