View Single Post
Unread 10/29/2012, 07:09 PM   #18
MikeTR
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcharon View Post
Well Guys...

After reading these posts i am very confused with my Chiller operation time frame and i will like your expertise to help me out.

My scenario is that i have a 125 with 30 sump and my Chiller Artica 1/4 is lasting 5 hrs. to cool down the 2 degrees from 80.0 - 78.0. I have a WB 7000 as my main pump and it is feeding the chiller and a 3/4 Sea Swirl with both returns going to the tank. The Overflow box is 1,200GPH with 2 tubes.

The SS and the Chiller have gate valves and i have tried different combinations like slowing down the flow, opening all the way the flow, using only 1 overflow tube without sucess. By the way all the plumbing is 3/4.

Thanks in advance for your help because i will happy if the cycling time reduce because overhere in PR the electricity is very high cost.
To me this sounds like it's either inadequately ventilated (as it is in my case) or low on refrigerant. If you've tried different flow rates, maybe you don't have enough space between the back of the chiller and whatever it may be up against.

MikeTR is offline   Reply With Quote