View Single Post
Unread 02/14/2016, 12:32 PM   #23
davocean
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
That has not been my experience. It's really hard to get them through the initial shipping and acclimation process (and I've lost a few), but one you do they have proved quite enduring - for me, at least. Have had four over the last 20 years, none of which got reinfected, and the first three had to be rehomed because they got too large. In at least two cases, mags survived tank crashes that took down all my SPS coral. I will say that I have never tried to add any subsequent anemones to my tank. Just one, centerpiece for me.

Mag is my favorite. Colorful, stays put and doesn't eat my fish. Good host for many clown species as well.
While my exp w/ mags is not as extensive as other nems, this has been my exp and by far the most common of comments I have seen from others, though I agree results of course may vary.

Current Tank Info: SCA 120g RR Starfire, Tunze silence 1073.02 return, 40g sump w/ fuge, SWC Extreme 160 cone skimmer,Geismann reflexx 4xT5, 2x Panorama Pro LED strips, Vortech MP40QD
davocean is offline   Reply With Quote