View Single Post
Unread 02/23/2018, 01:07 PM   #3695
Cancun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ordner View Post
Does purchase size have anything to do with success with leopards? I am one for three on keeping M. meleagris alive for more than one week in QT. All three were from Live Aquaria and less than 1.5 inches. Would I be better off getting a larger female, or is it just bad luck on the two I lost? The one doing well is still only eating live, but I am working on frozen foods with it.
Hi! When I bought my melegris from my LFS he was one of the smallest leopard I have seen....may a tad larger than a 1/2 inch when I got him. I was a bit nervous because of his size...but he has done great. I don't quarantine leopards. Some might disagree....I only buy them from my LFS if they had them for a few weeks and are eating frozen. The two LFS I frequent keep all of their leopards in their coral tanks....so the salinity matches my tank. I drip them for about 40 minutes...then put them in my display tank. One thought is...what is your salinity in your QT tank? I know LA ships fish at low salinity....

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL
Cancun is offline   Reply With Quote