Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 11/26/2018, 10:33 AM   #408
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Thanks Kevin. Maybe I'll get lucky with the pump. I hope so!

The new sandscape is a mixed bag. I love how the sand slopes now, but unfortunately a lot of mud got exposed, clouding the water. It cleared a little over night, but it still has a way to go. I do have another bag of sand to cover it, so I should be OK. I just need it to clear a bit so I can see what I'm doing.

In my struggles trying to get my canister working, I disconnected the UV, thinking it may have been the culprit. Later, I figured out the problem was with the canister itself. So hopefully, I can reconnect the UV. I won't always run it, but it's nice to have it ready if needed.

I'm stoked to get the tank running again! Now all I need is good weather in Florida, so SaltySully can collect me some Manatee grass. If I can get seagrass established fairly quickly, their roots should help hold the sandbar together.

I may just stick with the well water I filled the tank with. My wife made a good point when I told her I might replace it with filtered water. She asked why. I told her our well water may have superfluous nutrients that could cause an algae bloom. Then she said, "don't you always get algae anyway?"

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote