View Single Post
Unread 04/18/2017, 04:54 PM   #101
GoVols
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2una View Post
Is this becoming a salinity argument now?
1) If my nutrients are high its better not to use AF Probiotic right? So one must not mix Reefsalt to 35ppt ?
2) If i use Probiotic & want to hit hard on some water changes because of issues once again its not a good thing to do that with Probiotic so you need to use Reefsalt BUT once again don't use 35ppt ?.

I DO NOT WANT MY TANK AT 1500 Mg

Note the test below done Oct 2016 by AF's own ICP @ 33.5ppt & its still 1514 mg

The same table is here
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...&postcount=179
(you need to scroll down a bit)

This is not just a US thing - there's post's in a UK forum about it as well with people ditching AF because of AF's lack of openness about the issue.
Anyway i was happily sorted out by AF but i'm not hooking into water changes to have my tank end up at 1500 Mg so i've walked to another brand.

AF Rep's this ain't your beef,you guys do a great job,it's the people above that are still printing b/s QC card's that need to sort their end out.
My Reefsalt QC card said 34ppt & Mg 1300......
My Mg was 1550 @ 35ppt
2una,
Thank you!

This is nothing new.

AF Poland,
Please read my post #50 carefully. That was twice between 2015 and late spring of 2016. It has nothing to do with your bad last summer batches. I was told by Deep Water that AF must have put Sea Salt in the reef salt buckets. (Twice) Don't send sample and your not getting a replacement bucket. We will email Poland.

You say you've fixed the consistency issues.
Then tell us what was the problem and how you fixed it, and no more PM's.

What are the new fixed batch #'s / buckets and when can I get some?

The support team is awesome but they can not speak for Poland.

Regards, Freddie

Current Tank Info: 2013-RSM S-400 (Merlot) / BB / Mixed Reef / Lighting: Kessil AP700 with S-Series led bar / Bubble King 160 skimmer / GEO 2-Stage Cal Reactor with GLA dual-stage regulator / Teco TK-1000 Chiller & Heater / GFO & Purigen reactor's

Last edited by GoVols; 04/18/2017 at 05:10 PM.
GoVols is offline   Reply With Quote