Thread: Tunze nano mod
View Single Post
Unread 02/18/2007, 04:46 PM   #119
jacmyoung
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by p-deezy
Hmm...
Putting a 6045's propeller housing on a 6025 will convert it to a 6045?

"In fact Roger described the differences between the two, the only visible differences are a shorter inside tube (which the mod on the 6025 would achieve) and a tap to stop the propeller and correct the flow."

You can buy the 6045 propeller housing on the tunze site... Any ideas why I shouldn't try this? Are the two nano-streams different sizes or anything?

-P
Are you talking about the front half of the pump cover for the 6045? How much is it as a spare part?

I was speculating about the similarity between the 6025 and 6045, it is certainly possible there are other differences, such as different propeller size or drive unit. But the reported flow rates on 6025 before and after the mod, the tested flow rate on 6045 and the tested power draws on both pumps suggested the similarity.

I will not be surprised if by slapping a 6045 housing one can turn a 6025 into a 6045. Something similar about Tunze products happened before, the one came to mind is one of their Doc skimmers. You can buy a less rated skimmer and an upgraded reaction chamber to turn the skimmer into one that is rated one level higher.

jacmyoung is offline   Reply With Quote