View Single Post
Unread 03/14/2018, 11:52 AM   #4
Antegon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZilla04 View Post
Yes, that would give a good spectrum variety and the combo is becoming popular these days. The trick will be mounting. If you have a canopy that would help with the mounting options and hiding whatever clutter you create.

Yeah I’ve got a canopy. It only sits about 6 inches from the top of the tank, probably 8 over the water. Worried about jamming it all in there but I’ll make it work.

<
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
LED/T5 combo seems to be very popular these days. I have gone to this setup(ATI T5 setup with 2 reefbrite strips) as I like the shimmer LED's give off.

I Forget who makes the fixture, but they have one thats a bare fixture you can add your favorite LED to, with 2 outer bulbs being T5's.

Edit:
I had to look as it was bugging me what the company was. It was AquaticLife that just came out with them. In this 4' fixture you can add 3 AI primes and have 4 T5's.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/48-hy...atic-life.html

Thanks, that’s a sweet fixture. I may diy something just like that with aluminium.

Do y’all think I could get away with only two primes and 4 T5s, or a Prime and a hydra, instead of three primes, on a 4’ (20ish deep) 75g?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antegon is offline   Reply With Quote