View Single Post
Unread 06/20/2018, 08:22 AM   #6
B Lo
Registered Member

They don't sell 20 different versions of this light. They've only ever offered two versions of it and given that mine was over 15 months old and the new version (2nd) was just recently released, they only offered one version of it at the time of sale.

The warranty is the same: they've only ever offered one warranty for this particular model: 15 months.

Even if they were both available at the time, which they were not, do you believe that there are likely to be any changes in exclusions or other terms in a warranty based on version number? That sounds like a heck of a reach as though searching for an excuse for their behavior.

If the version really mattered, they would have asked. They never asked what version because it didn't matter as the version was crystal clear based on the time of purchase (plus they had my details so they could easily see) and as the warranty is almost certainly identical.

They did not initially seem to understand that I wasn't looking for warranty coverage - just a copy of the written warranty. I've never heard of a manufacturer questioning why someone wants a copy of the warranty and refusing to provide it. It's telling that the warranty isn't online and they screw around when it's requested. Look at other electronics manufacturers: the warranties are generally posted online and are easy to find. I've never had a manufacturer tell me they wouldn't send me the warranty or simply ignore me when I request a copy of it.

As you don't see anything wrong with the experience, I wish you a similarly unremarkable experience in all your dealings with businesses. This shouldn't trouble you as you apparently find their conduct understandable. That would be called karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
I'm not seeing an issue here to be quite honest.

You need a new remote, they don't offer parts, but referred you to reefbreeders who could possibly sell you a remote.

You then ask for warranty information, they asked for a serial number which you did not provide, they hung up.

Provide the information they need and you might get what you want. Seeing as they probably sell 20 different versions of the light with 20 different warranties, without the serial number they could not provide the proper warranty information.

Could it have been handled a little different by their CS? Certainly. But when the owner does not provide the information the CS needs, what did you expect?

B Lo is offline   Reply With Quote